Sunday 25 May 2014

A holiday with myself

So I have had nearly seven days on my own in sunny Spain. It's been if anything a very relaxing break, I've barely said more than 'hola' and 'gracias' twice daily since I've been here. It's been a bit like big brother without the other contestants the tasks and with added Germans.
It's funny when you spend a but of time in your head, the thoughts you don't often give time to seem to rise to the top and the anxiety that keeps you going seems to dissipate. 

However some of my thoughts have been dangerous, for example for the last few days I have been by the hotel pool, reading my book taking the odd dip in the pool- the usual. My eyes have wandered, I've seen a couple every day sat near me all they do, is smoke eat crisps drink canned bear and smoke.. They repeat this every ten minutes. And they do this every day! EVERYDAY. Today I started to visualise their insides. Just for the fun of it.

There were a lot of couples, lots of ladybird tattoos, men in sports shorts and shirts drinking family sized bottles of full fat coke, girls with buggies with babies in, wearing fringed bikinis smoking drinking wine. 

I ended up putting my earphones in. Closing my eyes and shitting them all out! 

No comments: